Thursday, October 16, 2008

It Never Fails To Amaze Me...







This last week has been an awesome experience for me as well as everyone in my family. My brother and sister-in-law, Jerret and Tara, had their second baby boy, Diesel Jex John. :) All I can say is that the gift of life fascinates me more and more. The day started out early, I stayed the night at their house to babysit Harmon, their oldest boy, while they went to the hospital to prepare for the birth. By 9:15 AM on October 10, 2008, we had a new member in the family! He was a little smaller than Harm was, weighing 7 pounds 6 ounces and 19 inches long. I had the amazing opportunity to help take care of him in the hospital later that day, and I will never forget it. Its scary, the power we have over something so precious as life. I realized then and there, that it truly is beautiful. It is these moments that make going through the "rough times" in life absolutely worth it. I'm so excited for the new addition! I already love him and I don't even know him yet :)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Aww! Newborns still scare me (I have yet to hold one hahaha) but that one's pretty cute! Now that you're in school, blogging may be the only way we can communicate now...which reminds me, I better go update mine!